Creation of websites and portals for the public administration
YouCo accompanies the PA with a modular approach to the creation of websites, which makes it easy to comply with the AGID guidelines and guarantees all regulatory requirements, from accessibility to the GDPR, enhancing the distinctive elements that characterize the identities of individual entities.
- Comply with regulations without sacrificing identities
- AGID, accessibility, GDPR: beyond complexity towards the creation of value
- Enhance identities, support the implementation of mandate plans
- Design Thinking, the user really at the center of the design
- Open CMS, the ideal modular software solution for the PA
- A YouCo team tailored to each project
- YouCo, the ideal partner to seize the opportunities offered by PNRR
Comply with regulations without sacrificing identities
The regulations envisaged for the creation of websites and portals of the public administration define a common reference framework, designed to guarantee all citizens the greatest ease of access to information and the best understanding of it, in full guarantee of their rights.
This regulatory framework, which is fundamental for the progress of digital technology to translate into a real advantage in terms of transparency, information and democracy, has two important implications.
- On the one hand, there is a theme of inevitable complexity. Untangling information architecture, taxonomies, tags and content types, especially at the beginning, is anything but intuitive and, especially in small entities, can represent an almost insurmountable obstacle.
- On the other hand, there is a strong risk of creating photocopied websites, or rather of sacrificing the identities and specificities of entities and territories to the altar of guidelines, which digital has the ability to enhance with great effectiveness.
With over 20 years of experience in the creation of websites, portals and applications for Municipalities of all sizes, Provinces, Metropolitan Cities, Regions and public bodies in general, YouCo guarantees the success of digital transformation projects, starting with these two fundamental ones. points of attention.
AGID, accessibility, GDPR: beyond complexity, towards the creation of value
The creation of the website of a municipality in compliance with the regulations obliges the representatives of the PA to measure themselves with technical aspects that may initially be difficult, the understanding of which is not an end in itself, but aimed at a more efficient communication and relationship with the citizen.
In fact, although the guidelines may appear complex, once understood they help administrations to renew and optimize not only institutional communication, but also the organizational processes and services offered to the community.
YouCo accompanies institutions on this path from “loss” to the creation of value:
- makes the technicalities of the regulations easily understandable, avoiding frustrating waste of time and energy;
- once the regulatory aspects no longer represent an obstacle, YouCo supports the structures involved in the project to define the opportunities to be seized, the objectives and work planning;
- finally, through a targeted training program, Youco ensures that the designated people are autonomous and efficient in their management activities, so that the site and digital services can fully realize their potential over time.
Why rely on YouCo to overcome the obstacle represented by the regulations?
- For specific skills on the topic: YouCo has been creating fully accessible sites since 2004, even for private companies.
- Because thanks to 20 years of experience in supporting communication, technical, administrative and political managers, YouCo offers the not secondary advantage of being able to speak the same language as institutional representatives.
Enhance identities, support the implementation of mandate plans
Full compliance with regulations is a fundamental aspect in the creation of an institutional site or an application, but it does not exhaust the scope of the project, in particular the more strategic one.
The mix of planning, technological and design skills that YouCo puts in place, allows institutions to realize all the potential offered by digital transformation.
From the simplification of communication with the URP, to the management of the canteen service, from the publication of calls and notices to the tools for implementing the participatory budget, YouCo helps the PA to make technology and bureaucracy “disappear” to make room for the service, utility and identity.
Just that of identity can represent a critical issue in a context characterized by rather stringent guidelines, as demonstrated by the many cases in which the authorities have a site in compliance with the law, but which seems to be a photocopy of a thousand other sites, which do not really create value in terms of empathy and relationship with users.
Thanks to the very high level of specialization achieved, YouCo creates tailor-made projects that enhance the specificities of each entity and territory.
- In terms of design, but also of digital services offered to users, a municipality characterized by a strong tourist vocation cannot be treated as a municipality with an industrial vocation.
- Similarly, once the institutional purposes have been fulfilled, it is important that the website supports the administration in the implementation of the mandate plan.
Hence, the importance of choosing a partner like YouCo, which combines the most solid technological and communication skills with the ability to listen, understand and realize the needs of each individual institution in a unique way, thanks to a proven participatory planning method. , design thinking.
Design Thinking, the user really at the center of the design
Design Thinking is a creative design method conceived and perfected by YouCo to offer companies and institutions solutions that truly meet the needs of their users.
While the traditional approach considers the user’s need as a given of the problem to be solved, Design Thinking focuses on the full understanding of the user and his needs, making him the first piece of the solution.
Thanks to a process that brings specialists, the customer and the users themselves around the same table, YouCo is able to design participatory solutions, which create more value because they respond more effectively to the needs of the subjects involved, both the external users who will benefit from the services, both internal ones that will have to manage and feed sites, portals and applications.
Furthermore, the Design Thinking methodology is strongly aligned with the provisions of the Designers Italia Design Kit to guide the design of digital services and environments starting from the actual needs of users, thus making it particularly suitable for digital transformation projects in the PA.
Open CMS, the modular and flexible software solution ideal for the PA
Although on request it is possible to adopt other platforms, for example WordPress, Open CMS is the Content Management System that YouCo prefers to use for the creation of websites and portals for the PA. It is a professional level, high performance and secure open source modular software solution.
The advantages of open source
- Elimination of user license costs
- Reduction of implementation and start-up costs
- Scalability of the solution
- Constant updates
- Ad-hoc customizations
The advantages of modularity
- For 20 years we have been promoting the software reuse policy, making available the code already developed for other Bodies / Companies, guaranteeing the quality of the product already used/tested.
- This approach reduces the costs of implementing basic functionalities, freeing up economic resources to dedicate to the most strategic customizations.
- Finally, the modular solution is naturally predisposed to evolve over time, both in terms of scalability and the addition of new modules in subsequent phases.
Compliant with all standards and guidelines
- Guidelines for PA websites
Maximum compatibility and optimization
- In order to ensure maximum compatibility and indexing on search engines, it complies with the W3C / WAI and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) standards.
- Compatibility with the most popular browsers, operating environments and hardware devices is guaranteed.
The ideal solution for digital PA ecosystems
Digital transformation is an unstoppable phenomenon. It is practically impossible to predict today how the PA sites will be made in just 5 years. One thing is certain: they will be increasingly connected to the local reality. Already today the solutions developed by YouCo with OpenCMS go in this direction:
- with a single insertion of a content you can have multiple views, on the institutional portal, on a tourism portal aimed at territorial marketing, on the social media profiles of the institution, etc.
- reserved access to external accredited structures for uploading content, such as museums, libraries, pro-loco, commercial establishments, etc.
A YouCo team tailored to each project
Each digital transformation project has specific characteristics.
Time after time, YouCo builds the most suitable team of experts to integrate perfectly with the contacts and with the project requirements, drawing on a pool of professionals with a passion for PA:
- Project manager
- Service designer
- UX/UI designer
- Information architect
- Content manager
- Delivery manager
- Front end developer
- Software developer
- DB administrator & System Analyst
- IT & Networking
YouCo, the ideal partner to seize the opportunities offered by PNR
The PNRR and the measures it envisages for the digital transition represent an opportunity that is difficult to repeat for municipalities and the PA.